Thank you to the Waconia Lions for help raising over $2500.00 to support our very own Waconia High School band program. Through the Lion’s annual calendar sale many of our students will see direct benefit through their “Charms” accounts. We look forward to having an even better calendar sale starting next fall!
Pictured is John Pohalnd – Waconia band director and the Waconia Lions making an incredible donation to our program!
Congratulations to the 20+ solo and ensemble participants that took place at Shakopee High School Monday March 3rd. Waconia High School Bands represented well earning 11 Superior ratings and a “Best in Site” award for an exceptional saxophone ensemble. Keep up that playing as Waconia will also host is own solo ensemble contest Thursday May 1st.
We hope you are all anxiously awaiting our Annual District Band Festival this coming Thursday, February 27th at 7:00 PM in the high school gymnasium. We are so excited to share music from all of our Clearwater and High School curricular bands. We are asking all high school students to be here ready to go by 6:30 PM in the band area so that the concert can begin promptly at 7:00 PM (and be done by 8:15, we promise!) Don’t forget that the concert ends with a full combined band piece with all 600 of our band students playing at once!
Here are a few things to take note of:
We hope everyone will come early and check out our Annual Silent Auction. This is a fantastic event and we have lots of great items including:
- 2 tickets to Stepping Stone Theatre
- Autographed Twins photo
- Autographed Vikings photo
- 2 tickets to Timberwolves game
- 2 tickets to Plymouth Playhouse
- 2 tickets to Imax Theatre at MN Zoo
- Fresh Seasons grocery store gift card
- 2 Lutsen lift tickets
- 2 1-day ski/snowboard passes to Hyland
- 2 tickets to St Paul Chamber Orchestra
- Vacations (not sure of locations yet)
- 1 hour massage at 7-Hi Chiropractic
- Show choir fan wear and duffle bags
- 4 day passes to Arboretum
- 2 “first choice” Spectacular tickets
- 2 Chanhassen Dinner Theatre tickets for dinner and show
- 1 ski/snowboard pass and rental at Powder Ridge
- 9″ womens suede boots size 8
- Handmade tote
- Hotel room and buffet for 2 at Grand Casino Mille Lacs
If you are considering a first class getaway with your significant other to New York, Wine county or DisneyWorld consider these packages.
Tonights new band parent meeting has been cancelled due to a harsh and unapologetic weather event. However you can still get all the great information that would have been discussed here!
2014 WHS Marching Band New Member Info
2014 Marching Band Commitment Form
2014 Marching Band Welcome letter
Stay posted for possible rescheduled dates and the latest information here!
This coming Thursday, February 20th there will be a “First Year Member Marching Band Meeting” at 6:00 PM in the WHS Band Room.
The purpose of this meeting will be to help inform and educate all of our new members’ families about all things Waconia HS Marching Band! Items to be addressed will include:
- Attendance Policies
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Our Trip to Chicago
- and MUCH more!
Please plan to attend this meeting if you are new to the WHS Marching Band Program!