BUSY 10 DAYS in the Band Department!
I know most of you are good with your calendars, but just to keep you all up to speed, check ou the schedule below to help you out!
Tuesday, March 13th – Professor Jerry Luckhart from the University of Minnesota will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Wednesday, March 14th – WMB Hornline Rehearsal 7 AM in the WHS PAC
Thursday, March 15th – District Band Concert in the WHS Gymnasium. This is for all students in band, grades 5-12. The concert will begin at 7 PM and should last about 1 hour. High School students should plan on being in their seats in the gym NO LATER than 6:45 PM. Dress is normal Concert Black attire (WE tuxes and dresses, all other 9-12 graders in all black)
Friday, March 16th – Dr. James Patrick Miller from Gustavus Adolphus College will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Monday, March 19th – Region 2AA Large Group Contest at Chanhassen HS for all 10-12th grade band members.
- Symphonic Band will be dismissed from school at approximately 1:40 (5th hour) and will return around 4:30 PM. Warm-up is at 2:30, Performance at 2:55 and Clinic is at 3:20.
- Concert Band and Wind Ensemble will board a bus at the HS at approsimately 5:00 PM and will return at approximately 9:45 PM. If possible, we will send a bus home in between Concert Band and Wind Ensemble.
- Concert Band times are: Warm-up 6:15, Performance 6:45 and Clinic 7:15
- Wind Ensemble times are: Warm-up 7:45, Performance 8:15, Clinic 8:45
- This event is free and open to the public, so parents, feel free to come check it out!
Tuesday, March 20th: WHS Band Concert (for all 9-12th Graders) in the WHS Performing Arts Center at 7 PM. This concert will be AWESOME and you should invite friends and family! Let’s pack the place!
I think that is everything for now…I cannot wait to share all of our music over the next week and a half!