Reminder to all Marching Band Families that we have our Annual ALL WMB Parent Meeting on Monday, April 30th. Please click here for a copy of the letter that all families should have gotten earlier this week. Lots of information and forms to turn in on Monday evening.
Two quick notes:
- We wil be having the Chaperone meeting at 7:00 PM in the WHS Gymnasium, followed by the ALL Parent Meeting at 7:30 PM, again in the WHS Gymnasium.
- We will have a “One Payment Form” which allows you to check off items throughout the night and then pay with only one check at the end, for those of you who’d like to take advantage of that.
Unfortunately, due to dangerous road conditions, the Luther College Jazz Orchestra Concert, originally scheduled for Sunday, April 15th and 3 PM has been cancelled. We look forward to hosting them another time in the future. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We are so excited to present the order forms for our 2018 Jazz Dinner Concerts! These are likely the most anticipated jazz concerts of the year, full of great food, great atmosphere and amazing jazz music!
Please see the order form for all details, but here are a few highlights:
- THESE CONCERTS WILL TAKE PLACE AT WACONIA MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Concerts will be Thursday, April 12th and Friday, April 13th (notice the day change from previous years)
- Both concerts begin at 6 PM
- Waconia Middle School’s Wildcat Jazz will be joining us for Thursday night only!
- There are a few menu changes this year, so try something new!
- Please note, forms are due to either the Main WHS office, or the Clearwater/HS Band offices by Wednesday, April 4th. We need to have an accurate count to our chefs in time to place a food order!
- These shows do have a tendency to sell out…please get your forms in early!
Thank you all for your support!
Click Here find the order form and information regarding our 2018 Waconia Band Spring Plant Sale. We hope all band families will consider participating in this awesome fundraiser for our program. In particular, for those families looking to supplement your 2018 Marching Band tuition, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
- Students receive $5 per plant they sell, plus they receive 20% of their gift card sales.
- This money will be deposited into their student accounts.
- All orders must be turned in by April 11th to ensure timely delivery.
- Plants will be delivered on Saturday, May 12th, which coincides with a Marching Band Camp weekend, for those of you in Marching Band.
- Mother’s Day is Sunday the 13th! (Hint, hint, HINT!!!!!)
- SO MANY PEOPLE BUY PLANTS around this time. Lets have them buy gift cards and plants through the bands and make it our biggest plant sale ever!
Big thank you to Superior Expressions for partnering with us on this fundraiser!
I know most of you are good with your calendars, but just to keep you all up to speed, check ou the schedule below to help you out!
Tuesday, March 13th – Professor Jerry Luckhart from the University of Minnesota will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Wednesday, March 14th – WMB Hornline Rehearsal 7 AM in the WHS PAC
Thursday, March 15th – District Band Concert in the WHS Gymnasium. This is for all students in band, grades 5-12. The concert will begin at 7 PM and should last about 1 hour. High School students should plan on being in their seats in the gym NO LATER than 6:45 PM. Dress is normal Concert Black attire (WE tuxes and dresses, all other 9-12 graders in all black)
Friday, March 16th – Dr. James Patrick Miller from Gustavus Adolphus College will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Monday, March 19th – Region 2AA Large Group Contest at Chanhassen HS for all 10-12th grade band members.
- Symphonic Band will be dismissed from school at approximately 1:40 (5th hour) and will return around 4:30 PM. Warm-up is at 2:30, Performance at 2:55 and Clinic is at 3:20.
- Concert Band and Wind Ensemble will board a bus at the HS at approsimately 5:00 PM and will return at approximately 9:45 PM. If possible, we will send a bus home in between Concert Band and Wind Ensemble.
- Concert Band times are: Warm-up 6:15, Performance 6:45 and Clinic 7:15
- Wind Ensemble times are: Warm-up 7:45, Performance 8:15, Clinic 8:45
- This event is free and open to the public, so parents, feel free to come check it out!
Tuesday, March 20th: WHS Band Concert (for all 9-12th Graders) in the WHS Performing Arts Center at 7 PM. This concert will be AWESOME and you should invite friends and family! Let’s pack the place!
I think that is everything for now…I cannot wait to share all of our music over the next week and a half!