- We have a WMB Rookie Parent Meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, February 28th at 7 PM. Looking forward to meeting you all and getting you some more information on having your son/daughter involved in our program!
- For all members, both rookies and veterans, please keep your eyes open for our WMB Commitment Form, which we are hoping to have out within the week.
- For those interested, almost all of the dates for both rehearsals and performances can be found on our Google Calendar, found at waconiabands.com. Many families find it is really nice to just sync the WHS Band Calendar with their own calendars so that all dates are there.
Posts from the ‘Marching Band’ Category
We are looking forward to a great first set of performances this weekend Memorial Day.
Here is our timeline for Monday, May 30th
7:00 – 7:30am – Arrive at WHS and get dressed in half uniform. Some students like to have a little extra time putting on the uniform for the first time.
7:30am – All students dressed and seated on busses.
7:40am – Depart for St. Boni
7:55am – Arrive at St. Boni. Unload and set up for warm up.
8:10am – Warm up in park
9:00 am – First memorial day performance in St. Boni elementary school.
9:35 am – March out to cemetery for stand-still performance.
10:10 am – Load buses and depart for Waconia
10:45 am – Start of Waconia Memorial day parade. Waconia Marching band will line up near post office parking lot.
11:00 am – Parade concludes at City Square Park
11:05 am – Waconia Memorial day ceremony begins at City Square Park featuring Waconia Marching band.
12:00 pm – Memorial day ceremony concludes marching band students load buses.
12:20 pm – Arrive back to WHS students are dismissed when all uniforms and equipment has been put away.
We hope to see many of you this weekend.
Start taking lots of pictures!
- Game is Thursday, June 23rd start time 12:00 PM
- Tickets for this game are $18 per seat, and they will be for sale starting at tonight’s Marching Band Parent Meeting (Tuesday, April 26th).
- Feel free to invite as many friends and family as you would like. Let’s fill Target Field with the Black and Gold Family!
Thank you to the Waconia Lions for help raising over $2500.00 to support our very own Waconia High School band program. Through the Lion’s annual calendar sale many of our students will see direct benefit through their “Charms” accounts. We look forward to having an even better calendar sale starting next fall!
Pictured is John Pohalnd – Waconia band director and the Waconia Lions making an incredible donation to our program!