I know most of you are good with your calendars, but just to keep you all up to speed, check ou the schedule below to help you out!
Tuesday, March 13th – Professor Jerry Luckhart from the University of Minnesota will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Wednesday, March 14th – WMB Hornline Rehearsal 7 AM in the WHS PAC
Thursday, March 15th – District Band Concert in the WHS Gymnasium. This is for all students in band, grades 5-12. The concert will begin at 7 PM and should last about 1 hour. High School students should plan on being in their seats in the gym NO LATER than 6:45 PM. Dress is normal Concert Black attire (WE tuxes and dresses, all other 9-12 graders in all black)
Friday, March 16th – Dr. James Patrick Miller from Gustavus Adolphus College will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Monday, March 19th – Region 2AA Large Group Contest at Chanhassen HS for all 10-12th grade band members.
- Symphonic Band will be dismissed from school at approximately 1:40 (5th hour) and will return around 4:30 PM. Warm-up is at 2:30, Performance at 2:55 and Clinic is at 3:20.
- Concert Band and Wind Ensemble will board a bus at the HS at approsimately 5:00 PM and will return at approximately 9:45 PM. If possible, we will send a bus home in between Concert Band and Wind Ensemble.
- Concert Band times are: Warm-up 6:15, Performance 6:45 and Clinic 7:15
- Wind Ensemble times are: Warm-up 7:45, Performance 8:15, Clinic 8:45
- This event is free and open to the public, so parents, feel free to come check it out!
Tuesday, March 20th: WHS Band Concert (for all 9-12th Graders) in the WHS Performing Arts Center at 7 PM. This concert will be AWESOME and you should invite friends and family! Let’s pack the place!
I think that is everything for now…I cannot wait to share all of our music over the next week and a half!
Thanks to all parents for coming to our Rookie Parent Meeting tonight! We hope you got lots of information and please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns! We are so excited your family has decided to join the Black and Gold! Click Here for the slideshow from tonight’s meeting!
We are so excited for Marching Band!
Attached you will find our 2018 Commitment Form, information on registering with Gateway (our new travel agent), and payment information for the upcoming season.
A couple additional notes:
1. Please note the due date of next Friday, February 16th. It is crucial that we have items in by this date so the travel company can plan accordingly. If you need extra time for the financial piece, please email Mr. Pohland (email@example.com) right away.
2. If you are interested in Drumline or Colorguard, but because you have not had auditions are unsure, assume you made it and get registered! We will find a place for you in the WMB!
3. If you know any 8th grade (or rookie) families who may not be on these lists yet, please forward this information to them and ask them to email me to get on the list!
4. Street Helpers and Am Squad students should also fill this out!
5. If you are not going on the trip to California, your payment information will look different, but we are still looking for the initial $400 payment. More information about remaining payments to come soon.
Any questions, please contact Mr. Pohland (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Updates for tonight (I know there is confusion):
ALL WACONIA BAND ACTIVITIES are cancelled for tonight. Some will be rescheduled. See below for details:
1. Pep band is rescheduled for Monday, February 12th at 6:30. Still Boys Hockey at the Waconia Ice Arena
2. Drumline Meet and Greet is postponed. We will still meet next Tuesday for general Meet and Greet (WHS Band room), and then a new audition date will be established.
3. Colorguard Meet and Greet is postponed. We will still meet next Tuesday for general Meet and Greet (at the Middle School!) and we will work to find a make up date for tonight’s date.
4. Middle School Percussion Ensemble is Cancelled.
So very sorry for these changes. The Caucus Law puts us in a difficult position and we had not recieved clear communication regarding our ability to have rehearsals.
Amazing first night of our annual Yuletide Festival at WHS! Could not be more proud of our students!
Sad you missed it??? Night number 2 is tonight at 7 PM at the WHS Performing Arts Center! Tonight will feature our 10th grade ensembles, as well as our Concert Band and Choir and Wind Ensemble and Chamber Choir. Don’t miss it!