- THESE CONCERTS WILL TAKE PLACE AT WACONIA MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Concerts will be Thursday, April 12th and Friday, April 13th (notice the day change from previous years)
- Both concerts begin at 6 PM
- Waconia Middle School’s Wildcat Jazz will be joining us for Thursday night only!
- There are a few menu changes this year, so try something new!
- Please note, forms are due to either the Main WHS office, or the Clearwater/HS Band offices by Wednesday, April 4th. We need to have an accurate count to our chefs in time to place a food order!
- These shows do have a tendency to sell out…please get your forms in early!
- Students receive $5 per plant they sell, plus they receive 20% of their gift card sales.
- This money will be deposited into their student accounts.
- All orders must be turned in by April 11th to ensure timely delivery.
- Plants will be delivered on Saturday, May 12th, which coincides with a Marching Band Camp weekend, for those of you in Marching Band.
- Mother’s Day is Sunday the 13th! (Hint, hint, HINT!!!!!)
- SO MANY PEOPLE BUY PLANTS around this time. Lets have them buy gift cards and plants through the bands and make it our biggest plant sale ever!
I know most of you are good with your calendars, but just to keep you all up to speed, check ou the schedule below to help you out!
Tuesday, March 13th – Professor Jerry Luckhart from the University of Minnesota will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Wednesday, March 14th – WMB Hornline Rehearsal 7 AM in the WHS PAC
Thursday, March 15th – District Band Concert in the WHS Gymnasium. This is for all students in band, grades 5-12. The concert will begin at 7 PM and should last about 1 hour. High School students should plan on being in their seats in the gym NO LATER than 6:45 PM. Dress is normal Concert Black attire (WE tuxes and dresses, all other 9-12 graders in all black)
Friday, March 16th – Dr. James Patrick Miller from Gustavus Adolphus College will be in the house to work with our concert bands!
Monday, March 19th – Region 2AA Large Group Contest at Chanhassen HS for all 10-12th grade band members.
- Symphonic Band will be dismissed from school at approximately 1:40 (5th hour) and will return around 4:30 PM. Warm-up is at 2:30, Performance at 2:55 and Clinic is at 3:20.
- Concert Band and Wind Ensemble will board a bus at the HS at approsimately 5:00 PM and will return at approximately 9:45 PM. If possible, we will send a bus home in between Concert Band and Wind Ensemble.
- Concert Band times are: Warm-up 6:15, Performance 6:45 and Clinic 7:15
- Wind Ensemble times are: Warm-up 7:45, Performance 8:15, Clinic 8:45
- This event is free and open to the public, so parents, feel free to come check it out!
Tuesday, March 20th: WHS Band Concert (for all 9-12th Graders) in the WHS Performing Arts Center at 7 PM. This concert will be AWESOME and you should invite friends and family! Let’s pack the place!
I think that is everything for now…I cannot wait to share all of our music over the next week and a half!
Thanks to all parents for coming to our Rookie Parent Meeting tonight! We hope you got lots of information and please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns! We are so excited your family has decided to join the Black and Gold! Click Here for the slideshow from tonight’s meeting!