HERE is the link for the 2019-2020 Jazz and Show Choir Bands!
Please read the entire packet so you have all the information you need!
If you play an instrument that isn’t listed, please talk to Mr. P or Ms. Wilmes! We want to find a place in our groups for everyone!
If the music looks too hard, come talk to Mr. P or Ms Wilmes!
If you aren’t sure if you should audition for one of these groups, come talk to Mr. P or Ms Wilmes! (But the answer is YES!)
All students must register for their activities before they may rehearse.
Miss out on buying your WMB apparel? You are in luck! With our new partnership with Premier Apparel here in Waconia, you can buy apparel all year long, including WMB gear as well as Waconia Bands apparel! Click Here to be directed to the link!
Click Here find the order form and information regarding our 2018 Waconia Band Spring Plant Sale. We hope all band families will consider participating in this awesome fundraiser for our program. In particular, for those families looking to supplement your 2018 Marching Band tuition, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
- Students receive $5 per plant they sell, plus they receive 20% of their gift card sales.
- This money will be deposited into their student accounts.
- All orders must be turned in by April 11th to ensure timely delivery.
- Plants will be delivered on Saturday, May 12th, which coincides with a Marching Band Camp weekend, for those of you in Marching Band.
- Mother’s Day is Sunday the 13th! (Hint, hint, HINT!!!!!)
- SO MANY PEOPLE BUY PLANTS around this time. Lets have them buy gift cards and plants through the bands and make it our biggest plant sale ever!
Big thank you to Superior Expressions for partnering with us on this fundraiser!
We are so excited that while it seems like it can’t be true, Waconia Marching Band (WMB) is just around the corner! We hope you all are as excited as we are! Just a couple quick announcements for now, and much more to come soon!
- We have a WMB Rookie Parent Meeting scheduled for next Tuesday, February 28th at 7 PM. Looking forward to meeting you all and getting you some more information on having your son/daughter involved in our program!
- For all members, both rookies and veterans, please keep your eyes open for our WMB Commitment Form, which we are hoping to have out within the week.
- For those interested, almost all of the dates for both rehearsals and performances can be found on our Google Calendar, found at waconiabands.com. Many families find it is really nice to just sync the WHS Band Calendar with their own calendars so that all dates are there.
Go Big Black!
We are looking forward to a great first set of performances this weekend for Memorial Day in St. Boni, Minnetrista and Waconia.
Here is our timeline for Monday, May 28th
7:00 – 7:15am – Arrive at WHS and get dressed in half uniform. Students MUST be here no later than 7:15am. Some students like to have a little extra time putting on the uniform for the first time.
7:30am – All students dressed and seated on busses.
7:40am – Depart for St. Boni
7:55am – Arrive at St. Boni. Unload and set up for warm up.
8:10am – Warm up in park
9:00 am – First Memorial Day performance in St. Boni Elementary School.
9:35 am – March to cemetery. We will leave a small group at the cemetery to play for the two short services. Everyone else will load buses and head to Waconia
9:45 am – Load buses and depart for Waconia (except for select group staying at the cemetery)
10:45 am – Start of Waconia Memorial Day parade. Waconia Marching Band will line up near Post Office parking lot.
11:00 am – Parade concludes at City Square Park
11:05 am – Waconia Memorial day ceremony begins at City Square Park featuring Waconia Marching Band (In the event of rain, this moves to the Bayview Elementary School Gym)
12:00 pm – Memorial day ceremony concludes; Marching Band students load buses.
12:20 pm – Arrive back to WHS; Students are dismissed when all uniforms and equipment has been put away properly.
We hope to see many of you this weekend.
Start taking lots of pictures!