Miss out on buying your WMB apparel? You are in luck! With our new partnership with Premier Apparel here in Waconia, you can buy apparel all year long, including WMB gear as well as Waconia Bands apparel! Click Here to be directed to the link!
We are looking forward to a great first set of performances this weekend for Memorial Day in St. Boni, Minnetrista and Waconia.
Here is our timeline for Monday, May 28th
7:00 – 7:15am – Arrive at WHS and get dressed in half uniform. Students MUST be here no later than 7:15am. Some students like to have a little extra time putting on the uniform for the first time.
7:30am – All students dressed and seated on busses.
7:40am – Depart for St. Boni
7:55am – Arrive at St. Boni. Unload and set up for warm up.
8:10am – Warm up in park
9:00 am – First Memorial Day performance in St. Boni Elementary School.
9:35 am – March to cemetery. We will leave a small group at the cemetery to play for the two short services. Everyone else will load buses and head to Waconia
9:45 am – Load buses and depart for Waconia (except for select group staying at the cemetery)
10:45 am – Start of Waconia Memorial Day parade. Waconia Marching Band will line up near Post Office parking lot.
11:00 am – Parade concludes at City Square Park
11:05 am – Waconia Memorial day ceremony begins at City Square Park featuring Waconia Marching Band (In the event of rain, this moves to the Bayview Elementary School Gym)
12:00 pm – Memorial day ceremony concludes; Marching Band students load buses.
12:20 pm – Arrive back to WHS; Students are dismissed when all uniforms and equipment has been put away properly.
We hope to see many of you this weekend.
Start taking lots of pictures!
Reminder to all Marching Band Families that we have our Annual ALL WMB Parent Meeting on Monday, April 30th. Please click here for a copy of the letter that all families should have gotten earlier this week. Lots of information and forms to turn in on Monday evening.
Two quick notes:
- We wil be having the Chaperone meeting at 7:00 PM in the WHS Gymnasium, followed by the ALL Parent Meeting at 7:30 PM, again in the WHS Gymnasium.
- We will have a “One Payment Form” which allows you to check off items throughout the night and then pay with only one check at the end, for those of you who’d like to take advantage of that.
Unfortunately, due to dangerous road conditions, the Luther College Jazz Orchestra Concert, originally scheduled for Sunday, April 15th and 3 PM has been cancelled. We look forward to hosting them another time in the future. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- THESE CONCERTS WILL TAKE PLACE AT WACONIA MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Concerts will be Thursday, April 12th and Friday, April 13th (notice the day change from previous years)
- Both concerts begin at 6 PM
- Waconia Middle School’s Wildcat Jazz will be joining us for Thursday night only!
- There are a few menu changes this year, so try something new!
- Please note, forms are due to either the Main WHS office, or the Clearwater/HS Band offices by Wednesday, April 4th. We need to have an accurate count to our chefs in time to place a food order!
- These shows do have a tendency to sell out…please get your forms in early!